Monday, October 28, 2013

LETTER DATED OCTOBER 22, 2013

First off I want to apologize sincerely that I wasn't able to take a picture of myself with a Happy Birthday sign to send in my email! :(  I feel really bad cuz I didn't get your letter until after I had already done emails.  I am really sorry mother!  I tried to send you something but I didn't have enough stamps or the right postage.  I feel so limited and lame!

This week I gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  That was fun.  I also went to the doctor of the mission to try and speed up the process.  It went ok.  I hope that things will speed up so I don't have to worry about this anymore.  It is really stressing me out.  Supposedly, Dr. Evan's is going to get in contact with Rady's to get things in order. 

For P-day we are doing beach volley ball at a park.  (I will probably just spend the whole time writing people though.)

As for my district, no it doesn't feel different at all.  But I'm glad that we can spend 6 more weeks serving together.  I doubt the weather will change so I will probably always sleep in the front room.  As for what we keep in the bedroom, just our clothes in the closet and that's about it.

As for recipes, I have no idea what to have you send.  I don't know what I'd be able to make.

My sheets and pillowcase are treating me well.  I LOVE them!

We haven't seen *******since I last talked about him.  It's pretty sad actually.  He's hard to get to return appointments with.  We are hoping to talk to him again soon and hope that he'll act on what we gave him to do last time.  Regarding *****, she came to church with us on Sunday!  It was awesome and she seemed to enjoy it.

As for by back, I was very straight with President and I am doing all I can to speed up the process.  I fell like it can't wait until next month.

When I study every morning, it's mostly bouncing around because I try to study with my investigators in mind.  But I do study my patriarchal blessing most every morning.  It's amazing how much I learn every day!  As for the color coding, something they've suggested is that we mark each reference to Christ in yellow, his words in orange, his attributes in blue and doctrines and principles in green.  I have tried this but it tends the mark the heck out of my scriptures.  I haven't figured our my specific marking technique yet.  I will let you know when I do.

You have no idea how much the thoughts and prayers mean to me.  I really have been given strength that  I could not have on my own.  It has been hard with my back the way it is.  But I have learned a lot and have been able to do a lot from all of the prayers.

Music wise, President Clayton outlawed pretty much anything that has a guitar (electric) in it.  He says that if it doesn't invite the spirit, it's not worth listening to. 

I love you with all my heart!

Love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment