Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WEEK 36

 Rodrigo, Angel & Elder Davis
Hey!  That looks like Elder Davis' old battle wagon!

  I am doing pretty good. My rash is gone because I was seen by a missionary doctor and he gave me a bunch of meds to help it out and so far it's good.  The downside to this week is we didn't hardly see anybody because were sick and I am still recovering.  It turns out that on top of the rash, I got bronchitus and an ear infection. 
 
  But I am doing much better now and we are seeing people again. Yesterday we were able to see a lot of people, but none of the people you had asked about.  :( Personally I am doing good.  I am tired of being sick but I know that it is for a reason.  I am just happy to be out here and be in a area that is growing so much.

   It makes me happy to hear that the Holley's were able to stop by and answer your prayers.  I know that Heavenly Father will bless you immensely, as he already has. And he better because you  deserve it!!!  But I really am glad that the Holley's stopped by.  

     Glad to hear that Abby's farewell and afterparty went well. It is cool that I know missionaries that are serving in her mission right now. In Spanish. I am also excited to hear where Gavin and Trent are going as well.  The mission really is a great experience. 
     
    As for me and our investigators, we are doing well. We were not able to see ANY of them this week but that is okay because this week I am going full health and Elder Nickel and I are going to set this area on fire this week! We already have seen five families and it's only been one day. I am sad to say that we haven't seen R****, V*******, or T****, or C****, or D****.  But this week we are going to see everyone and see miracles.

    As for conference, we are going to watch it in the stake center as the Chula stake and all the missionaries.  Apparently after the sessions, the missionaries get fed a feast so I am so down with that! No plans for Easter... yet.  

   Today for p-day we are emailing right now, then we'll shop and change clothes, then we'll go to the church to play volleyball and write letters.  After that we will go out and light up the town with the spirit!

   Story time!!!!!!!  So about 3 weeks ago we saw this dude named L*** and he asked us a bunch of questions about the church and the Book of Mormon.  Just for curiosity. He also told us like 5 times that he would NEVER change his religion. So we just bore testimonies and left and told him to have a nice day. Well..... Sunday an interesting message was left on our voice mail.  It said that Luis, (the same dude as mentioned before) had a bunch of questions and that he even wanted to get baptized!!! WHAT!?!?!? 

    Well yesterday we went to see him and set some expectations with him and what not........... He opened up like I didn't know was possible..... AND......! He accepted a baptismal date!!! BOOOOH YAH!!! He is like a super golden investigator.  I am just in awe at how the Lord prepared him so quickly.  We have an appointment with him on Thursday and it is going to be great.

   Oh and one more thing... Remember the scans I had done for my back and what not? Well I got a piece of mail from the insurance company today that says they denied them and that I have to pay $*****. Needless to say that I am not very happy and I am kind of freaking out because I don't have that kind of money and I thought that the reason why I stayed here to do the tests was because the insurance approved them? It says on the letter that it was not authorized by the insurance. So I think the best that I can do is just send the mail to you so you can see for yourself. I don't know what to do but I know that everything will be okay? Do you agree that that is what I should do? 

   Well I love ya!

    Love,
    Elder Davis

P.S.  Does one of these pictures look familiar? :)  The other one is with Rodrigo and Angel. Rodrigo is the guy that I gave the tiple to. ( the big huge guy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment