Tuesday, April 15, 2014

WEEK 38

   I am doing fantastic today! It has been a long week but it is really nice to take a little break and what not.  I am glad you sound so happy in your email and that you enjoyed my letter.  I have realized that I have really grown a lot and I am grateful that I have learned so much in such a short time.  I am also glad that you think my handwriting looks better. I have been working on it and it has come a long way.  I am glad as well that you understand what the picture that I sent meant.

   I am actually kind of impressed myself about how much happiness my bike has brought me. Even though I wrecked it a few days after I got it.

   So I will now give you further explanation on the crash. The truth is that I have really been stressing telling you and I was even more stressed last week. So I am just going to get to the point and I pray that it won't alarm you or anything because I am totally fine. :) 

   So we were riding to an appointment and I blacked out or something for a second. I don't really know what happened. I was probably dehydrated or something. Anyway, when I regained my sight and everything, there was a street sign right in front of me and I had no time to avoid the collision.  I got up and thought that I was fine and was getting back on my bike when I looked at my arm and there was a fairly deep, quarter sized hole in my arm.

   So we called Sister Riggs and she and Bro. Riggs took us to the instacare. Miraculously, there was a member there that is a nurse that saw the whole thing and was able to patch me up quickly so we could get to the doctor.  I ended up getting six stitches and I am going to have a pretty gnarly scar on my arm.

   But I am completely okay and I am great and the arm is healing well.  :)  I apologize sincerely for not telling more but I hope that you will understand.  I love you and I am grateful for your concern.

   I am going to the doc on Friday to get the stitches out.  :) Here is a pic, but don't be too grossed out. Okay?
   As for my scans, they are going to be on the 12th of May. The day after we speak on the phone. and the day before transfer p-day.  :)

   So for investigators.... This week wasn't so great in that regard. But guess what!? We saw R*****!!!!!!! And we have an appointment with her again tomorrow!!!! AWWW YEAH! Plus, the progress with L*** has been unreal.  He still has a baptismal date and he has already been to church 3 times! He came again on Sunday and he has been reading and keeping his commitments. He just needs to work on quitting coffee and that is going to be really hard on him.  So if you want to pray to help him with that you can. I have seen such an amazing change with him already. He is going to get baptized so soon! We  might even move his date up a week!

   So yeah, I pretty much will hardly have to buy anything for the next while because of all the food Auntie left for me at the mission office. You should see it in it's glory. Just a hint.... Biscuits and Gravy for days!!!!  Man I love that woman. She has really been very supportive of me on my mission and it means the world to me. I hope she knows how much I love her. 
   So today we went as close to the boarder as we could and we took  pictures. It was pretty cool. Too bad it was foggy though.

   For Easter, as of now, we don't have any big plans. Well, except that we were invited over to one the members of the mission presidency's house for dinner the 19th so that should be fun. I hope you have a lot of fun as well!

   Elder Nickel was just feeling well like an upset stomach and other things of that nature. We are both healthy and ready to go now though! :)
 
   So I do keep in touch with about half of the members of my MTC district.  I still write Hermana Watkins and Hermana Taufoou and Elder Edson (Super sad that he went home because he was having problems with his chemical depression, but he is doing well now and still writes me.  I don't hear very much from anyone else.
 
   If you could let the ward know how much I love them, that would be great.
 
   Well I want you to know that I love you to death and I hope this email finds you warm and happy. :)
 
   Love Ya!!

   Love,
   Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment