Tuesday, March 25, 2014

WEEK 35


Elder Davis & Elder Nickel

    I am doing alright.  I have been really sick for the past few days but other than that I am doing well.  The rash is still coming and going but one of the mission  doctors gave me some medicine to try out to see if it helps.

    This past week was really cool.  Minus being sick of course.  We were able to see 24 people this week and that's even with the 2 days that I had to stay in!  I am feeling the worst today though.  I have just been running a fever and a cough and a runny nose.  Elder Nickel had it last week so that is probably why I got it.  I promise to take it easy.  I think I am just going to use the P-day to try and sleep and get better so I can get out there and work.

    As for the fireside, we sang 2 songs in Spanish and this next week we are going to sing English.  Zone conference was actually really cool too.  We got to meet the new missionaries that took the Holley's spot and everyone that taught and shared a great message.  It is so cool how much we can learn from the spirit in meetings like that when we really pay attention to what the spirit tells us.

    I cannot believe that I have been on my mission for 8 months already! What!!  But it has been so much fun  and I look forward to the next 15 months.  As for me and Chula, I am doing great and I am loving it!  Still!!!  The bike is holding up quite nicely and I am sure that it will last for quite a while.  I just love this area and the people.  So blessed I am to work here.

    I really honestly did love my package!  The tie is sick and I loved everything in the package.  I so lucky to have a mom that knows me so well and knows exactly what I need!  You are the best!

    I have made it a goal to take more pictures though.  I will send a picture of me and my companion attached to this email.  We are doing well.  We get along pretty well and are getting better at teaching in unity so that is pretty nice.  I am grateful that the Lord puts me with companions that I can learn from.

    This week we actual saw a lot of people.  We did not however see T**** or R****.  :(  But we did see V******* and 2 new investigators.  V******* lost his baptism date because we haven't got him to church yet but he said he can come next week so I hope we will get him with a date next week.  The two newbies are C*** and D****.  They are two girls.  One is 21 and one is about 16.  We had a really cool lesson with them about the restoration and C**** told us that she felt the spirit!  What?  Yeah and we are going back tomorrow because they committed to read and pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true.  So we will see!  *Fingers Crossed!*

    I love you so darn much and I hope you enjoy this email.  :)

    Love,
    Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment