Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WEEK 34

  Dearest Mother,

   I am doing alright today. The rash went away for a while and then it came back hardcore.  Lately it just comes during the night and goes away later in the day. It has advanced so much that it is now on my face. I will be going to a dermatologist or something this week to try to see what the heck is causing it.  

     Other than that, this week has been good. We were not able to see T***, R****, or V******** though.  :(   Elder Nickel got the flu so we were in for half the week. But we still got to see a lot of people this week, so it was great.  V******* did not make it to church this week.  As for R****, she is like Aunt Leslie because of her attitude. I don't know how to really explain it but she cracks kind of the same jokes that Aunt Leslie does. Other than that, we found and had a super cool lesson with a couple yesterday. They will probably be baptized pretty soon! 

    Glad to hear that everything went well with the blankets and the shower. It sounded like the blankets were a lot of work. Bless your heart for taking the time to do something like that. I am sure that Shannon really appreciated it.  You are such a perfect example of service!! You amaze me Mom! I am glad that the shower went so well too and that you didn't have to do much. That is so nice of Stacie to do that for you! I m glad everyone liked my gift too.
 
    How great is it that Tyler was baptized!! How awesome for that little boy. Please make sure to congratulate him for me. I am so proud of him and happy for him as well. 

    As for Daddy, I am happy for him to be in Pennsylvania, his team's town.  I am sure that he will enjoy it. I am also sure of how much he will miss you though. I am glad that he is enjoying his new position so much. He really does deserve it.

    As for me being "the missionary that gets all the packages," I wouldn't say that I deserve that title.  I mostly get packages from you, Auntie Kristin, and Paula.  I think people say that about me because most of the other missionaries don't usually get packages.

   The Sheldon folding thing is working wonders! It works so well and I am LOVING it! 
 
   So I did receive the package you sent last week and it actually involved the best part of my week. Well almost. So I got the triple you sent and there is a recent convert of ours that has been asking for forever for a triple and hadn't received one. As he was telling us, it was brought to my remembrance that I had a triple that I wasn't using... You should of seen his big ole face when I gave it to him.  :)  Oh man I wish I could have taken a picture! Then, the next visit with him, as were pulling out our Book of Mormons to start our discussion, he pulled out his triple and said, "Oh perdon Elder Davis" with a big smirk on his face.  He was saying, "Oh excuse me Elder Davis, let me just pull out my new triple I got here." haha. It was so funny. Thanks so much for being such a big part of that gift!

    We actually had zone conference this past week and it was super cool.  As for Elder and Sister Hollie, they are already home and off their missions and I don't know when their homecoming is. President and Sister Clayton go home in June though.  I will be sure to get a hold of the info I can for you about the senior missionaries that have left and are leaving.
   
    Apparently the computers are poopy today so it looks like I won't be sending any pictures this week. :( SO sorry!  But I hope you have a great week and feel my love!  I love you so much! 

    Love,
    Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment