Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WEEK 32


 The table Elder Davis set for dinner on Valentines Day.
 Valentines dinner.
Elder Davis' "comfy" bed. 
 Elder Davis at Ocean Beach
 
    Today I am doing great! This week has been awesome!  In other news, it has rained a couple times this week. and yes we do bike in the rain.  :)  Raincoat for the win! :)  Our investigators here are legit! We had a super sick lesson with one of them the other day! She was just baptized about 3 weeks ago into the Baptist church and she had some questions about what happens after this life. So, we taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! It was super sick.  We also have this really cool old lady named L*** that we are working with and a 14 year old boy named O******. Oh and we have this 86 year old named V****** that has a baptismal date!! Oh yeah!
 
    For our P-day last week we went to Ocean Beach and it was super cool. I tried to take some pics but I am not that good of a photographer. But I did fix that pick of me in front of the temple on my own.   I will be able to go to the temple again next transfer.  
 
    Things with my new companion are super awesome!! He is a super cool kid and we get along really well.  We have a lot of the same interests and we laugh a lot together.  How is he different? Well, he used to do MMA and fought UFC so that is pretty cool. He is a convert of 3 years and he knows the scriptures super well.  
 
   Super cool that Tyler is getting baptized!! How awesome. I am so happy for that little guy. He will be even HAPPIER after he is baptized! 
 
   My best experience this week was super cool. It was actually during sacrament meeting.  As you know, this week was fast Sunday. Well, during sacrament meeting, after the bishop said his words and invited those who wanted to share their testimonies to feel free to do so, the pulpit and almost all of the chairs behind it were filled by members flooding in to share their testimonies! It was the coolest thing that I have ever seen in sacrament!! The best part of it was that there wasn't one single child that was up there! It was all adult members! What a neat experience!
 
   Dad, I am daily thankful for your example and ALL you do and have done for me.  I also want you to know that I am LOVING it here in my new area.  My companion is awesome and I am truly blessed in about every aspect of this area. I even have a SUPER comfy bed.  :)   Super Cool that you were able to go out on splits!! What a sweet experience. How'd you like it? What did you teach?   I do not have pics of the zone or district, or my companion yet unfortunately but I promise to work on that this week.  
  
   I love you to death Mom!! I hope you know that.  I hope that this email finds you happiness and that you have a beautiful week!
 
    I want you to know that I know that this Gospel is the one and only true Gospel. I know that without a doubt.  I know that I am blessed to be "born of goodly parents."  I love all of you so much and I hope you know that. I hope you have a great week
 
    Love,
    Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment