Tuesday, March 11, 2014

WEEK 33

   Oh how I love you.  You amaze me each week with the experiences you have and the love you have.  It makes me very happy that Pops loved the birthday gift.  I thought it was pretty clever and that he would like it.  My opening sentence to my journal last night was, "Happy Birthday Dad!!"  I am glad that you had fun together but sorry that Dad's snoring kept ya up :( That's no fun.  Elder Nickel snores sometimes so it puts me right back at home.  I feel ya :) 

  As for me and funds.  I hate to say it but yeah I am running a little tight.  I used my last two stamps last week and I am going to buy some this week I hope.  But I am able to use the money that I get from the mission to purchase those.

  I don't want to alarm you but since I have been here in this area, I have had that rash that I had before the mission again.  It is almost gone now. I have no idea what would have caused it.  The only thing that I think that it could be was that I stopped eating anything with milk in it and started to use soy milk and almond milk. But this week have stopped using all types of milk and the rash is going away.  If it gets any worse, I will go to a dermatologist to figure out what is going on. Also, I have run out of vitamins.  I have not bought any because they are kind of expensive.  So if there is anything that I need, it would be vitamins.

    Other than that, I am doing superb!! This week has been great! The other day we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and it was super cool. I took over the area (which was super nerve wracking) but we taught 9 lessons that day! And we added a new investigator named T**** that is super nice and we have an appt with her on Friday!  We also added a lady named R**** who is a lot like Aunt Leslie.  Other than that, no newbies to report. V******* committed to come to church this week and his baptismal date is looking even more achievable!  It is actually next month. His date is for April 5th.

   I would love to tell you about one of our investigators every week.  I will tell you a little more about V******* and about our new investigator.  V******* is a 86 year old man who is living at home with his wife and looking for the truth. We have been trying to get him to come to church for a while but he hasn't been able to because his wife is super old and is a lot scenile. But this week he committed to coming so we will see what happens.  NOW...... We added a super sick woman this week. Her name is T****.  We taught her a little bit on Friday and she said she would love us to come back this Friday. She is a super nice girl in her 20's and she is going to college. Hope it goes well. Wish us luck!

   I am doing fantastic!!! This week has been amazing! I want to share an expereince from when we had exchanges this week. Here we go: So we started the day off and we were about 2 minutes into our bike ride to an investigator appt when both of bikes broke.... so... we locked em up and walked.  We then saw our investigator, P*****, and were lead by the Spirit in a lesson about the Plan of Salvation. Then, we went to go see a member that we had been trying to see for weeks and he was never there.  Guess what!?  He answered the door!!  Then we had a lesson with him and he took us to our next appointment and he became friends with our investigator and offered him a ride to church! SICK!  Then we got home, had lunch, fixed the bikes and went back out. Then we added a new investigator named T**** who is super awesome and she said she would love us to teach her more! What a day!  And that's just part of it. We saw and taught 7 other people/families that day! Guided by the Spirit!

   I am so blessed to here. We are also having a lot of fun getting to know the members and building good relationships with them.  
   
   Glad that the shower went so well. How great for Abby to be able to be so blessed! It's actually pretty cool because one of my friends from my MTC district is there in the mission that she is going to. Tell her to say hi to Elder Elowitt.
   
   How great it will be when Bishop Floyd says that there are 3 full-time missionaries serving for our ward!!

  I love you so much and I think about you every day. I hope that this letter finds you happiness and that you can feel my DEEP love for you. You are THE reason why I have grown and developed into the man that I have become, I really do mean that. I LOVE YOU!!!!

  Love,
  Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment