Tuesday, September 10, 2013

WEEK 7: SAN DIEGO

Ok, today has a been a very rough and stressful day and I have only half an hour to email.  So I am just going to have to hit all the points I can and you are probably going to have to just mail me the rest that I don't cover.
 
I am SUPER sorry that this is so lame but I have a VERY limited time at the computer and I have nothing else that I can do to change it. I only can email on Tuesday's for an hour or a hour and a half if I am lucky.
 
I had a great birthday, got a few packages so thanks to all of you that sent me something and thank you especially to all  of you that gave me birthday wishes. 
 
I have been working really hard since I have been here and have not really had a lot of time to myself. I have around 10 investigators right now and have picked up about 3 new investigators in my first week here!! I know that for sure I am supposed to be HERE in this specific place for a reason. I am in the Poway Spanish Branch. I am struggling with the language but I have already taught a lot of the lessons and am learning very quickly. It's amazing how the Lord puts people in our path and prepares them for us.  We met a 90 year old woman the other day that is pretty much ready to be baptized. Super Cool!
 
The airport was way cool in San Diego. I landed and just fell in love and know that this is where the Lord needs me. There is a lot of work to be done here.
 
I have a super cool and awesome companion.  He is way cool and he really knows what he's doing. We get along really well and I know that I was put with him for a reason as well. He's awesome. His name is Elder Karlinsey. We actually have the SAME BIRTHDAY!!! How sick is that!? 
 
The apartment is pretty nice. We live in a little top floor one bedroom with a nice kitchen. The first day, we went shopping and I got the necessities like laundry detergent, dinner stuff and just simple things to keep me living (like PB&J of course.)
 
I taught two lessons my first day so that was hard but I have learned a lot and am continuing to do so. 
 
I am sorry that this email is so short but someone was wasting my time on the computer (of course.) But I am super glad to be out here and I am working very hard to be the Missionary that Heavenly Father wants me to be. :)
 
I love you all and pray for you all "A" lot!! Thanks so much for all of your roles in my life. I promise next weeks email will be better.
 
Love you all!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment