Monday, September 9, 2013

1st US MAIL LETTER

We finally received our first letter via the US mail from Taylor today.  We still do not know exactly where he is, only somewhere in the California San Diego mission.  Other than this letter, he has been unable to contact us since his layover in Texas last Tuesday. 

This letter was written September 3, 2013 and we received it September 9, 2013.

Dear Family,

Well I made it safely to San Diego!! I am so excited to start working in the actual mission area!  I landed in San Diego and immediately fell in love.  It is so beautiful here!  It reminds me a lot of San Francisco but it has something different about it. I KNOW that I am supposed to be here in this particular place, teaching God's children.  I know that it is going to be hard but I know that it will be worth it and the Lord will prepare me and those that I will teach.

I continually pray for you all and I ask that you do the same for me.  Yes, I am working hard bit I will need all the help I can get with the language.  I still have a lot to learn.

I want you to know that although it has only been 6 weeks, I have a learned and grown a lot in the short month and a half.  I am trying my best to become the missionary and the man the Lord wants me to be.

Please tell the Scoob how much I love him and how proud I am of him for the young man he is becoming.  It won't be too long before he is doing exactly what I am doing right now.

All of that being said, I am pleased to announce that I am here in my mission and will start the work here soon, even tomorrow.  The address in which I am advised to have you send mail and packages is this: 

Elder Taylor Craig Davis
7404 Armstrong Place
San Diego, Ca 92111-4912

I have been counseled to have everyone that mails me something, to address it to my FULL name so that it will be easily delivered.  Also, I am only allowed to email for 2 hours each P-Day.  I can also only send mail every P-Day. 

Thank for you all wonderful family for the man you have made me!  You are all great and I know it's hard to not see me or hear me but you all are in my prayers constantly and I know Heavenly father will bless you for the sacrifice.  Stay Awesome!

Con Todo de mi Amor,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment