Tuesday, January 28, 2014

WEEK 27

 Taylor and his district.
Elder Sherman and Elder Davis in front of the San Diego Temple last week.
 
 
Dear Mother,
 
    I am glad that you got my second letter and that you were not too freaked out.  I got permission to send it after P-day because I wanted you to know so that you would not freak out. But I am glad that you got it and that you are relieved. 
 
    It has been an interesting few weeks since the accident.  We now are driving a ford fusion until our car is fixed.  Our car got pretty messed up.  But other than that, we are doing great.
 
    We have been meeting with a lot of English people to talk about the work.  It has been a big process because a lot of the people in the stake that we work in, don't even know that they have Spanish missionaries. To me that is a big problem.  Counselors in the Stake Presidency didn't even know! It has been a rocky few months but we are hoping to change that.
 
   As for our apartment inspection, a senior couple of missionaries inspected it and they said that Elder Sherman and I would make great husbands someday.  I am glad that we have got it so clean because it wasn't really take care before now. Plus, the spirit does not dwell in unholy tabernacles.

    As for the package, I know that it is there but I have not received it yet.  It came in just after the zone leaders had picked up mail.  But I am sure that everything will be fine in there.  I cannot really think of anything to have you send. I feel bad that you spend money to send things.  Okay they don't make me feel bad. I just don't want it to be a problem. I always enjoy the packages :) Do you know how much a new pair of temple socks would be? Or some White Shirt/sock stays?  They attach to your shirt and your socks.  They keep your shirt tucked in and your socks pulled up. I think you can get them at Mens Warehouse. I am going there in a couple hours so I will let you know next week if I find them or not.  The thing I would like more than anything is one of those Folding things that Sheldon uses on big bang theory. That would be sooo awesome!!   (I totally went online and bought one for him after getting this email.)
 
   I have been thinking about sending my scriptures home though. I just need to get a compact version of the Bible and then that is what I will be doing. Well Maybe. I have not decided yet.  I have been thinking about sending my scriptures home though. I just need to get a compact version of the Bible and then that is what I will be doing. Well Maybe. I have not decided yet. 
 
   As for the temple last week, it was AMAZING!!! I just love going there and being able to feel of the spirit and feel so close to our Heavenly Father.
 
   As for J****, we have not seen her this week. She is really hard to get an appointment with  now. 
 
   I love you dearly and am grateful for all you do.  Mother, I love you with all my heart and I proud to call myself your son.  You are more of an example to me than you could ever imagine. I hope you know that.  I love you so darn much!!!!!!
 
   Love,
   Elder Davis
 
 
 
Pops,
 
    It truly is crazy to know that I have been on my mission for 6 months already!! And by the end of this transfer, I will have spent 6 months in Poway!! Crazy!! You are right abut the half time show.  Super Lame!  I hope you know that I did laugh at your humor.  I enjoy and miss your humor.  I apologize that it is so hard for you with the communication aspect.  It is hard for me too but I know that it is for our own good.  It helps me stay a little more focused on the work. Plus, it makes it that much more exciting every time I email!
 
   Things are going great over here.  I feel great and have not had any health problems from the accident. My back is holding up like a champ. Yes, I do have a little pain sometimes but not even close to what it was. I am doing great!
 
   So the L*** that I talked about is indeed the same L*** that we mentioned before.  We actually had a lesson with her yesterday and have another one planned for tomorrow.  As for I*****, we met with him last night as well and that went pretty well.  J**** has not really had any progress but we are still working very hard.

 Transfer day is coming up soon.  Transfers are going to be just after valentines day.  So about 3 weeks.  It will be interesting to see if I end up staying here for 6 more weeks or not.  Missionaries always say that they can feel it when they are going to leave but I just don't feel anything yet.  I sure do love this area though. Like you said, it will be very hard to leave these people but I know that I will be where the Lord needs me
 
  Pops, I want you to know of my love for me. It makes me so happy to read your emails every week. I love how you express your true feelings and how close we have come to each other in the last 6 months. Your struggles are my struggles. I miss you like you could not imagine. But if there is anything that I have learned on my mission, it is that the Lord needs me and this is what I NEED to be doing right now.  I know that you know that as well.  I have grown so much in the last 6 months. I was looking at my journal entries from the beginning of my mission and even I can see the change.  I have you and my sweet Mother to thank for that.
 
  Pops, I love you so darn much!! I am so grateful for all that you do!! I hope that you have a great week!!
 
  Love,
  Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment