Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WEEK 24

    So it turns out that I am not getting transferred and our area is going to live for another 6 weeks.  It turns out that nothing is changing at all this transfer!! Elder Sherman and I are staying in our area, it's not getting shut down and we are only having one change to the entire district. I am somewhat relieved that this is happening.  I was a little too worried that everything was going to change. I am glad that I don't have to try and pack everything today either.  I am sorry to worry everyone with my letter.  I guess what I was trying to say wasn't really the message that was received... oh well.  I was trying to say all that I have learned and what not. I really appreciate all the prayers and I love you so much. 
 
    Thank you for the comforting words and for the reassurance that you gave me in your email.  I have new mindset this transfer and especially this year.  Elder Sherman and I are going to teach this area so hardcore that they are going to have to open up a whole new branch because of all the people.
 
     I am going to get my camera back today.  Nothing has happened to it.  It was being borrowed by a sister and she has been taking very good care of it.  I do not have my flash drive with me so I unfortunately do not have any pictures to send this week. I hope that you can forgive me for that.  I promise to send a lot next week.
 
   For New Years Eve we just went bowling as a zone and then we had to be in our houses by 7 pm.  So we just studied and cleaned for the rest of the night.  The next day was like unto it as well.  So it was pretty much normal for us.
 
     I have not been able to check mail yet so I don't know if I have received any letters today. 
I will send pictures of me in the vest and what not next week.  I feel pretty bad that I have not sent pictures for so long.  But I PROMISE that I will change that right now. 
 
    I am glad that you enjoyed Idaho so much.  It's great that Erika and her family are so awesome.  I got a letter from Tinley a while ago but have not received anything back after I wrote her back.  They seem like they are a great family and they seem like they are pretty strong in what's right. 
 
    I am loving the sports updates this week!! My boys sound like they are really doing well. I am also very impressed with the Utes this season! They are blowing my mind!!!  Plus it does not surprise me that the Jazz are doing better than we want them to.  Burkes sounds like he is pretty much going to BE the franchise if you know what I mean.
 
     I am glad that you all enjoyed my testimony so much.  I did feel pretty inspired to some of the things that I said.  But more importantly, I was just doing what I am sent here to do.  My testimony has really grown here on my mission and I am very thankful for all the things I have learned and how much closer I am to Heavenly Father.  I am grateful for you and Pops for allowing me to be out here.
 
   I really have grown closer to Shannon since I left and since she and Colton were married.  I really do feel like they will be sealed in the temple and something that I want more than anything is for them to be there inside the temple when I am married in the temple.
 
   I am sorry that this email is so short but I want you to know of my deep love for you.  It pains me that you struggle so much with me being gone.  We were best friends before my mission and that will never change.  I want you to know that I did promise Pops that I will live at home for a while after my mission.  I pray every night that you heart will be at ease and that you will be able to cope with me being so far away.  But I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and I know that I am terrible at expressing my feelings but I hope that you can feel my true love for you. It means the world to me that you care so much about our investigators.  I love you for all that you do and appreciate all that you have been to me and continue to be in my life. I LOVE YOU WITH NO END!!

   Love,
   Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment