Tuesday, November 12, 2013

WEEK 16

Dear Momma,
   
     I am doing alright. I am still in a lot of pain but I know that everything is going to be ok.  I am working when I can and sometimes when I can't.  Don't worry, I am doing alright and I am being helped a lot by the Lord.  
   
     I have been taking Tylenol every so often and I haven't been able to talk to the doctors about anything like steroids yet.  I signed a release form so that you can know everything so I'm pretty sure you should be able to know everything that they do.
    
     An Elder Davis CTR ring means that it's a nice CTR ring from Deseret Book.  And what I mean exactly by "Elder Davis" is just that it is a ring that you could see me wearing and that would look nice on me.
  
     I was able to do a little bit of work this week.  We had MTE's this week and very fortunately, I was able to work the whole day and we were able to see a lot of cool things and find some more people as well.
 
     My back is actually pretty bad. Even with my high pain tolerance, it is still pretty painful and hard to do anything besides standing and laying down.  But I am still doing everything I can and more.  The Lord is really helping me a lot and it is really cool to see that.
 
     I have not heard anything from the doctor yet.  I have been drinking a lot of water so I am pretty sure that it is not kidney stones.  I drink about a gallon each day.  

     I don't really need anything right now that I can think of.
 
    Elder Karlinsey actually doesn't get much from home because his parents live in Costa Rica and can't really send him anything through the mail.  I think that he might some might like some candy or something like that  or maybe something that has to do with the Major League soccer team: Barcelona.
 
    The next set of transfers are at the end of this month! My companion and I feel like he is going to get transferred since he's been here like 8 months already.  I pretty much feel like I am staying here in Poway for a while because Elder Karlinsey is probably leaving and they most likely wouldn't send both of us because they need a missionary that knows the people in the area and what not. 
    
     Our investigators are doing alright.  We just added another one on Thursday and we have an appointment with her tonight!
 
    As for my testimony:  I know that this church is true.  I know without a doubt that this is the exact place where I need to be at this time, in this state, in this area, in this zone, in this district, and with this companion.  I have seen so much increase in my testimony and my stature as a man.  I KNOW that without the Lord's help, I would not be able to do anything even close to what I am doing with the language now.  I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and because of that, Joseph Smith was and is a true prophet and that the church is true as well.  I know that the power of the priesthood is real.  I know that I am definitely being watched over by angels above and especially by Nana. I know that without my parents, I would be nothing.  I know that with the trials I have gone through and am going through now, I am being made a better man and will some day be the man that Heavenly Father wants me to be.
 
    As far as spiritual experiences this week, I had an interesting one last Tuesday.... I was on the phone with Pres. Clayton and he was telling me that I would probably have to go home for the scans and then come back. It was interesting because right as he said this, I was overcome by the spirit. I still don't know why exactly that happened because me going home didn't even happen.  Maybe it was just the spirit of the comforter telling me that everything was going to be okay and that things are actually being done.
 
     I love you so much mother and am so glad to have someone so AWESOME and special as you. You are my rock and I am super lucky to have you in my life.  I know that all this with my health right now is happening for a reason and I know that it will all turn out sometime.  I just need to hang in there and do what Heavenly Father wants me to.
 
     Sorry for how this has all made you feel.  I know it must be hard for you.  But I also know that everything is going to be fine and you will be comforted as well.
 
     I love you with all my heart dear Mother. You mean the world to me.
 
     Love,
     Elder Davis
 
P.S.  And as much as it hurts to say this.... I can't send any pictures this week because I have not been able to take any new ones....... :(
 
 
 
 
Pops,
   
     As for things with my scans and what not, I am not at all worried about it being Hogkins again but I just have this feeling and am pretty sure that it is nothing to do with muscles or anything like that. Something is happening back there that just isn't right.  But the doctors office said they'd call me when they knew more about what's going on with the scans.  I gotta say that I am not very happy with how things are going.  I have been dealing with this for about 7 weeks now and it has been getting worse.  I don't feel like the doctors have done much to help the situation.  It is hard for me because I am in a lot of pain and I want to be out there working and helping the people but I can't because my body won't let me.  I have had a really hard time lately Dad.  I feel like I am not fulfilling my purpose as a missionary and I fear that my back will get worse and they will send me home.  I am super stressed and worried all the time.  I also feel bad because I have been very prideful and gone out and worked even when I know that I shouldn't.  I want to know what's going on so that I can fix it and do what I came out here to do. 
 
     Wow, sorry for that whining session... With all that I have just told you, there is of course still some good things that have come out of it all.  For one, I have had a lot of time to rest and study. Another good thing is that I have been gaining a better knowledge of the scriptures and that I am progressing in the language as well.  I also have learned a lot about pride and have become a lot more humble.   I feel like I have grown a lot since I've been out on my mission and I am grateful for that.  I know that I will finish my mission. Whether it be here in San Diego and all at the same time, I don't know.  But I do know that I will finish.
   
     My investigators are doing well.  ***** is doing great.  We feel like she might actually act and do something so that she can be baptized this week.  We actually added a new investigator this week as well! Her name is ***** and she asked us to come by tonight so we'll see how that goes!
 
     Love,
     Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment