Tuesday, August 13, 2013

EMAIL TO MOM: WEEK 3

I am sorry that is has been such a hard week. I have felt impressed multiple times to pray hard for you all down there and I want you to know that I have been doing so. You are all in my daily prayers and I love and miss you all more than anything. I will keep sister Lee and the rest of the people you mentioned in my prayers. Please give my love to everyone.
 
Things here are going well. Thank you for your prayers. It really does mean a lot to me and I definitely do need them.
 
As for Spanish, it is going slowly better each day. One of my teachers helped me set up a study plan and it helping a lot. I can now teach a whole lesson in Spanish, pray in Spanish, bear my testimony in Spanish, and I have also memorized some scriptures in Spanish as well. That being said, I still have a lot to learn before I am confident but I am studying really hard and doing my best.

Things I do for exercise are; hit the weights, play sports, run, and things like that. We usually do our gym time as a district. 
There are 10 missionaries in our district. There are 6 elders and 4 hermanas. Our district is very close and we get a long very well. The hermanas are so nice here. One day I wasn´t feeling very well and I was having a hard time and left to go to the bathroom for a minute. While I was gone they all wrote notes to me and stuck them in my things. I came back and found them and it really helped. There are just about as many sisters as there are elders here.  I talk to everyone in my district a lot actually.
 
The food here is very cultured. It is mostly Mexican and very hard to explain. On rare occasions, we have American food though.

I have gotten one letter so far and it was from Colton. It is because the address that everyone has is wrong so it takes longer to get here. I will have the correct address for you later today.
    
I had the amazing opportunity a few hours ago to go to the Mexico temple!!!! It was so amazing and very spiritual. I was very nervous so I said a prayer before hand that I would be able to understand everyone and be able to speak clearly. Immediately my prayers were answered. I have never spoken such clear Spanish in my life. It was amazing.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment