Sunday, July 14, 2013

FAREWELL ADDRESS

Today was T's farewell address in sacrament meeting.  He and I were both asked to speak.  I was asked to speak on "The Blessings of the Temple" and T was asked to speak on "The Temple and Missionary Work."  When first asked, I was very nervous and to be honest, a little concerned, that I would be speaking today.  With so much to do in getting ready T for his mission and having people over after church, I felt overwhelmed.  But when I sat down and really thought about it, I realized how truly lucky I was to be sharing this experience with T, to be able to share my testimony of the Gospel and especially that of the temple, one last time with him before he leaves.  I was extremely grateful for the opportunity.  Plus I got to hold hands with my son for almost and hour!

We were very blessed to have an amazing musical number by my boss and dear friend, Jenny Phillips.  She sang "Temple Spires" and was accompanied by my good friend Lynne Benham.  This song is so powerful and also holds such good memories as T is in the 2013 youth video which featured this song.

T did an amazing job on his talk.  He seems to be at such ease when he is sharing the gospel and his testimony.  This will serve him well in the mission field.   

The chapel and both overflows were filled to the brim with people who mean so much to us.  It was so incredible!  Thank you so much to all who came and supported T on this amazing day!  We love and appreciate you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment