Tuesday, December 23, 2014

WEEK 74

 
  Hey there, what's crackin?  So sounds like things are going well over there.  My week wasn't super great because Elder Shoup and I got sick... and have been sick since Wednesday, which happened to be the day of zone conference.

   But it's ok because zone conference was actually really good! We had Elder Nielson of the 70 with us and it was actually a really good meeting.  We talked a lot about going back to the basics and I have been trying to do that for a while so that was kind of nice.

   The best part of it was easily the spirit that was felt there. It is incredible how much more I can feel the spirit in places like that.

   I learned that you have to be good at the small and simple things before you can be good at the big ones.

   The drive was okay. Our legs were super sore after sitting for so long but overall, it was worth it.  

   Unfortunately we were not able to do much this week because we both got super sick and are finally recovering.  I talked to Sis Schmitt and she had me go to the doctor.  I am picking up a Z-pack today to get better.  (I might have Bronchitis.) I have a sore throat, runny nose, congestion, deadly cough, head ache and I had a fever a couple days ago.  I don't think it's anything with being cold though. The doctor said it was probably just something viral.  The valley isn't too much colder than everywhere else, which is nice.  Plus I have plenty of warm stuff.  :)  But I have had some some good studies while I've been sick. :)

   It really is crazy how fast this year has gone! I can't believe that a year and a half ago I was just starting my mission! That just blows my mind.  I feel super old (as a missionary) when I tell people that this is my second Christmas away from home and I have already had 2 birthdays in the mission.  It really has been a good experience and I am glad that I still have 200 days left.  This week has been a bit of a disappointment because we have been sick all week and have not really seen anyone. :( But that just means that this coming week is going to be insanely awesome! We're going to baptize the world and set it on fire!

    So our plans for Christmas Eve are helping with a food bank in the morning, and dinner with a member, then caroling! Our plans for Christmas are pretty cool.  We're having breakfast with members, then we're going to another member's house to call home! :)  Then we're having lunch with them, then we're going to help feed the homeless and then have dinner with someone else.  Then we're going to probably go caroling. :) So it should be a good day.

    So were the letters to the families okay??   I think you should show the new nativity video instead of the he is the gift. You can just go to YouTube and type in Piano Guys Nativity and should find it. Plus it's a perfect opener for the he is the gift video.  :)

    So I am going to be calling around 10 o'clock here so whatever time it will be there, around that time.  I will have about 40-45 minutes so be ready! :)

    I can't believe Christmas is such a short time away!!  It has really come and snuck up on me fast.  I hope that your gifts will make it to you in time but it looks like they will make it after Christmas.
:( 

   I haven't gotten any mail since the 12 days of Christmas package but I should get the rest tomorrow.  :)  

   Other than that, I am super excited for everything. I love you and hope you enjoy this email. :) I love you and am grateful for all the things you do for me each day. I thank you for giving me life and helping me know what the gospel is.  I am not sure what to say other than I love and appreciate everything you do for me. I am so glad for your example and everything you have taught me. I sure did enjoy home teaching the Higbee's. Make sure to give them and the Randall's my love.

   I love you and can't wait to talk to you on Thursday! :)  I will talk to you soon. :)  Love ya!

   Love,
   Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment