Tuesday, July 22, 2014

WEEK 52

 
  This week has been pretty good. Heck, this year has been pretty good! I now have less time left in the mission than I have been out! Scary thought!!  But it has been an amazing year and I can't wait to see what happens this coming year. 
 
   It feels really good to know that I will not have to have scans again until I come home.  What a relief! In September I will complete 3 years cancer free and I will no longer be a teen-ager. What!? 
 
   For hump day tomorrow, I am super pumped because we will be having our interviews with President Schmitt and afterwards we are eating lunch as a district to celebrate. After that we have service so it will be a prety good day.  Plus the picture that Heather sent (a picture taken at the San Francisco 49ers new stadium, wishing him a Happy Hump Day) is super cool! Make sure to tell her thanks for me!
 
   I am fully recovered from my illness and doing well.  We actually did have to push Josh's baptism back a week but he came to church this week and he seemed to enjoy it.  Last week we asked him if he had a testimony of the Book of Mormon yet and he said that he knew it was true! And that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. His only hang up now is believing that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church. But we had a good lesson and promised him that if he came to church with that concern in mind that he would receive an answer. It is super cool to be able to have the power and authority to be able to promise those blessings to people as a missionary.  Hopefully he received his answer. We will find out when we see him tonight :)  
 
   In other news, Michael was not able to make it to church but we met with him and his brother.  , Richard (his brother is 21) and said that he was going to get the day off so they could both go this week! Super sick! We have an appointment with them to see how everything goes tomorrow! :) Francisco is still progressing. :) We invited him to be baptized but he said he wasn't ready and he's going to explain why this Thursday.  He said he'd come to church next week and he is still keeping all of his commitments that we give him.  We have still not been able to see Cindy. She said she'll call us when she isn't busy.  So we'll just keep trying with her. We also added a 15 year old girl named Pam and she is super cool. We have an appointment with her and her older sister tomorrow night as well.  So not a bad week.
 
   I am doing well today.  I still have not found my camera but I am learning to deal with it. Elder Sherman lent me his old camera so I can at least still take pictures. :)  So I will be sure to do that.

   So now to answer your questions:
 
1.  How do you feel you have grown or changed?  
     I feel like I have grown or changed because I am not as quiet and to myself as I used to be. Plus I have also learned how to not be bothered by little things as much.  

2.  What stands out the most from the past year? 
     What stands out to me the most is my relationship with the Savior. I know that if it weren't for my mission, I would not be as near close to him as I am.

3.  What is the funniest thing that has happened to you in the last year? 
     It's very hard to pick the funniest thing that has happened because there have been so many. But I guess right now the only thing that comes to mind is when I got Emergency Transfererred to be companions with Elder Sherman again. It was super unexpected and I don't know why, but it seemed so funny.
 
4.  What is the most spiritual thing that has happened to you in the last year?  
     The most spiritual things that have happened to me were probably the times I've been in the temple or at Luis' baptism.

5.  What would you like to see happen in the coming year and what are you going to do to make it happen? 
     I would like to see myself be able to just talk to everyone and be able to really be good at street contacting people. I am going to make it happen by just doing it. I don't think there is any other way.

6.  If you go back and do one thing over what would it be?
     If I could go back and do one thing over, I don't think I would, because then the outcome would be different. I love everything that I have seen and am grateful for everything that has happened so far.

7.  Who is person who has influenced you the most over the past year?  (Besides the Lord)
     The person/people that have influenced me the most besides (you) would probably be my zone leaders. I have always made super good friends with them and we always seem to get along pretty well.
 
   Well Pops, I want you to know that you are a great part of why I have done so well this year that I have been gone.  I learned from you how to keep my priorities straight and I saw you change a ton as I was growing up. Thank you for being the faithful member you are and for enduring so well.
 
   Dear Momma, oh how I just love you!! Thank you for sharing your powerful testimony with me.  I definitely felt the spirit and you never cease to amaze me. I sure do love the heck out of you and I am glad that your week is going well and that you have seen a change in me even though you aren't around me.  I can assure you though that I am still the same person. :) I am just more grown up and what not. :)  Thank you for the giant influence you are in my life.  I know without hesitation that if you weren't a part of  my life that I wouldn't be here.  Thank you for never failing me and for always being one of my best friends as well.  You have never let me down and you have ALWAYS been there for me. I thank the Lord for all the time that we have been able to spend together. I love you with todo mi corazon!
 
    Love,
    Elder Taylor C. Davis
 
P.S.  Oh yeah and just so you know, I guess I have an infection again so I had to by some medicine to get rid of it.  The rash is a mix between stress, the climate and milk... wierd. So this month I will be cutting milk completely out of my diet and the creme I got for the rash is making it go away.  I will keep looking for my camera and I appreciate all the prayers! Love you! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment