Tuesday, July 1, 2014

WEEK 49

 

   Man I love you!! Your email really touched me and I am so grateful that I have an example like you in my life.  You are such an amazing missionary and I am very grateful for the messages you have shared with me.  You are a blessing in so many people's lives!  I love you to death! 

   I am also super happy that Colton and Shannon were able to sell their house! That just adds to my testimony of prayer!  These past couple weeks have been super spiritual and I love it.
  
   So I actually did have a chance to say goodbye to President Clayton at our past zone conference. He gave me a big hug and said that I was amazing and that I was doing a good job.  Sister Clayton also did the exact same thing.  So I know that it was what I needed to hear.  

   Our meet the president activity was actually super cool. He brought his whole family and all of them spoke. They seem like a super cool family! We also got to shake all of their hands and meet them.  It was actually pretty cool! I really like the Schmitt's already. Of course it will be hard to adjust but I think it will be super cool.
 Taylor's new mission president and his family.

   So yesterday we actually had a pretty cool experience! We had an appointment set with Yolanda and Maria and we went there but they didn't answer.  :(   But our backup plan if we weren't able to see them was that we were going to walk a little down the street to a park and update our area book. Well, as we were doing so, a dude was walking by and he said, "Hi."  We of course responded and asked how he was doing. He said he was fine and then asked us WHAT we were doing.  This was a perfect time to tell him that we were missionaries and we were updating our teaching records.  He then said that that was cool and we asked him if he had ever talked to missionaries before. He said yes and that it was cool but he doesn't remember anything about it.  We asked if we could come by sometime and he said that he would be super busy all of the time. THEN, he asked us if we had a message for that day. We of course responded with a, "of course we do!" 

    He then sat down and we talked a little about Christ and how he helps us live better lives. Then he asked us to read him a scripture. So of course we pull out our Book Of Mormon! :)  Then he says to just open up to a scripture. So Elder Sherman and I both start flipping through the Book of Mormon to see what we can find. Except this time we just going to open up to a random page. Well,  we stopped at the EXACT same time and opened to the EXACT same scripture!!!  Alma 37:36-37. 

   36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
   37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

   It was super cool! and then we read it with him and he said that it was what he needed, we said a prayer with him and he said he had to go and disappeared.  Super cool huh!?

   I am doing super good and am super pumped for this coming week. Elder Sherman and I are doing swell. We still get along and we are doing great. 

   Not any rain to report actually. There has been a cloudy day here and there but no rain. 

   Super cool that Mr. Christofferson came by! It was mind blowing to see him there and snap a pic with him!!

   Things with Josh are going well. He still has a date for the 26th of this month and he committed to pray about the Book of Mormon. Super sick! We have another appointment  with him tonight.  I can update you more on Michael. He is a 14 year old kid who we met on the street. He is out of school right now and he believes that there is a God. He said he thought it was cool that anyone has a chance at Heaven and that we aren't lost after this life. We taught him to pray last week and he said he'd read about Adam and Eve. So we'll see what happens with him. He doesn't seem too interested but he is doing good.

   Guess what I heard yesterday!? Victoriano got baptized and has been going to church and everything!!!! Heck Yeah!!!! I haven not heard anything about anyone else though. SUPER COOL for Victoriano!!

   We unfortunately haven't seen Hermana Rodriguez yet. We have called but we are going to stop by this week.

   Sister Diaz was actually only in my first area. But, she just got transferred into our zone this past week!  Super weird.  (Sis Diaz seems to be in a lot of the same pictures Taylor is, so we asked if she had always been in the same areas as he was.)

   I am doing very well health wise actually. I was pleased with how it all went down. I did know about the scans but only like 2 days before they happened.  
 
   I got the package! :) I actually picked it up myself about 2 hours ago :)  I haven't opened it yet.  I like to wait until after emails.

  Well, I love you to death and I will be sure to send a letter home today!
  Love you!

  Love, 
  Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment