Tuesday, July 8, 2014

WEEK 50

  I do have to start off by saying that the whole counting thing with my weeks and service left actually doesn't bother me at all. I have always thought of it as a motivator and something for all you back home. I was thinking the other day that I will be out for a whole year soon and it hit me kinda weird. I feel like just yesterday I left and that I haven't been gone for very long at all It is kind of funny though because it is just a testament of how when we are focused and consecrated that home won't bother us at all. I have definitely seen that on my mission. Just a couple weeks ago received an email from a lady friend in high school saying that she had been on her mission for almost 6 months and it was then that it occurred to me that I had been on my mission for almost 12 months. Super crazy. I really have loved my mission and it has been so much fun.

  I guess my letter got lost somewhere in the world because I am pretty sure that I sent one last week. Not happy that you didn't get it. Oh well. I promise I will get one sent off this week and it will make it to you.

  It sounds like a lot of things are happening down there. It's really interesting that Colton wants to move and that they already sold their house. I wonder what kind of houses they'll find close to where we live.

   I forgot to mention that I might have lost my camera and that is why I don't have any pics to send this week..... But I have been praying super hard and I feel like I might find it. I have always taken really good care of it so I don't know how it happened. Last time I had it that I remember was at the apartment, so I will keep looking for it. I'll let you know next week. No stress.

   So we actually have not seen El Presidente since last Monday when we met him. We probably won't see him again until the zone conference in September either. But it seems like the mission is really picking up.

  This week has been pretty interesting and super cool too. The 4th of July was pretty lame though. To say the least. Our mission has a rule that we have to be inside our apartment by 7 pm so we were just chilling inside. Not to mention that Elder Sherman and I were on exchanges so that was different too. It was fun for the circumstances though.

  So the investigators are doing pretty good. We unfortunately had to drop Yolanda and Maria but we have been seeing some cool stuff. Josh is still progressing and just needs to figure out if this is what he really wants. We had a cool lesson with him last week and we have an appointment with him tonight. His dad shared his testimony and it was super cool. We weren't able to see Michael but we talked to his brother and he said that Michael has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot and he really likes it. What!? Crazy! We're going to follow up with that this week and see if we can stick him with a date! :) We have been teaching this old guy that has been investigating the church for years now and we are really making progress with him. This past week we gave him 2 Nephi 31 to read and we talked about baptism. It was really cool because he mentioned how in the Catholic church they baptize babies because they are born with the sin of Adam but how in this chapter it says that Christ was born for the nature and completing the commandments of God. He thought that was interesting and wondered why the points were so different. So, we pulled out the articles of faith (especially number 4) and explained why we don't baptize babies. He really liked that and said he has never agreed with the catholic church about baptism and he really likes our way of doing it. He is a super cool investigator and is really changing.

   We also have been teaching a lady named Cindy. She is a single lady in her 50's and was referred to us by an investigator of the sisters! Super cool. She is very receptive, she accepted a Book of Mormon and she came to church on Sunday!!!! Super cool!

   Guess what!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Luis is getting baptized this Saturday and I get to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is finally ready and is free of EVERYTHING. What a beast! I am so stoked for his baptism!!!

   About the shoulder bag, I am not sure what I want anymore. I still feel like I need to obey the president's rule and "phase out" my backpack, but you are already spending so much money. I think I will just wait until my birthday like you suggested. As to a color, I would probably like just a nice black bag. Nothing too fancy, but something that isn't too big and will last a while. :)

   Okay now I am going to share an experience about something cool that happened last week. So one of the companionship's in our district had a baptism and one of my privileges as a district leader is that I get to interview baptismal candidates and determine if they're ready or not. (Sounds scary huh?) Well I was interviewing this lady who had been investigating for 15 years! Long time. Anyway I was asking her all of the questions and conversing with her and what not. Well, as I asked the final question, and she gave her answer, I was overcome by the spirit as to the point that I trembled a little. That feeling was the spirit bearing witness to me that she was ready. It was a super cool experience and I hope to never forget it. This church is true!!!

   Dad it makes me super happy that you were able to go the temple and that it makes you so happy. I definitely do know the privilege of attending the temple and I am very glad that you do too. As always I thank you for all you do for me and what you are in my life. I am lucky to call you my Pops. I also love the heck out of you.

   Mom, thank you SO much for all that you do for me. I would not be anywhere without you. I love you so much.

   Love,
   Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment