Tuesday, March 24, 2015

WEEK 87

  The Imperial Valley Zone

  Happy Summer...I mean Spring!  It's crazy that it is already in the 90's and going to push 100 degrees here soon!  But it has been pretty nice not to have to use any coats or anything here on my mission.  :)  That I am grateful for.  It is crazy that is snowed so little at home this past year.
  What a week it has been. Sounds like things are going well there in Utah and that is great to hear. That's cool that you're going to stay in the same hotel that we stayed in so many years ago. I am sure that will be loads of fun! Looking back that is one of my favorite vacations that we took as a family. :)

   So things are good here in El Centro. We do do a little bit of work in Imperial which is the city north of El Centro. Not a lot of people flag us down or anything on the streets or in stores or anything but we make sure to smile and say hi to everyone that we cross paths with. :) One of the easiest ways I've found when talking to people and stuff is when they have a dog. But other than that, I have kind of figured out that once you see them, immediately find something that you could comment on and start a conversation. (ie: a dude having a 49ers hat.  lol)

   The best thing that happened to me this week was probably stake conference. Yes, we had stake conference this week and it was super sick! Almost every talk was about missionary work and our steak is freaking awesome! There was also a talk about revelation that I found really interesting and that hit me really hard. I probably felt the strongest when I was focusing on what the Holy Spirit was saying rather than what the people's talks were saying.

   Institute is basically just seminary for YSA(Young Single Adult) peeps. We start off with a prayer, have a spiritual thought/lesson, and then we play some games.  There's usually from 8 to 15 people there on average for right now, but that will hopefully change. :)

   Investigators are doing well. We were able to see ***** and he is doing alright. He is still slowly progressing. He really is a good guy with a lot on his plate.  We just need to have a nice sit down lesson with him and get him with a date.  He's just busy with work a lot of the time and ****** has been sick so sometimes it's hard, but we'll get em this week.  :)  Now that we have a car and I can run full speed again, I am very hopeful for this week and that it will turn out great!  :)

   I am feeling well. I am doing a lot better now and I guess we will have the car from now on so that will be nice.  That is a blessing for sure. I am staying hydrated and doing my best to stay healthy. The nurse just told me to drink a gallon of water a day and stay out of the heat as much as I can.  So I am trying to do the best I can to do that.

   I am even more nervous for the new meds now though because I have to take them 3 times a day instead of 1, but I am sure it will be fine. :)

    I did get the package. In fact, I just barely opened it! I am super pumped for everything! Especially the new G's and the fiesta dip!!! Thanks so much for doing so much for me and for always thinking about everyone besides yourself. You're amazing!

   The companion and the apartment are going great!  Elder Bank is awesome and I don't deserve him at all!!!  He is a fantastic missionary and we laugh all the time!  He is a really good kid and I wish I was as good of a missionary as he is when I had only been out for 4 weeks!  His Spanish is phenomenal and he is doing amazing!
   
   I sure do love and appreciate everything you do!  You don't have the slightest idea of how big of an influence you are in my life!  Thanks for everything and hope you have and amazingly awesome week!

  Love you!

  Love,
  Elder Taylor C. Davis
Check Out this sick new t-shirt that my companion got me!

No comments:

Post a Comment