Tuesday, January 6, 2015

WEEK 76

   Things were pretty different this week.  It was kind of a rough week.  A few days ago, our car was broken into and they took a bunch of Elder Shoup's stuff and the brand new flash drive that I got for Christmas.  I had just transferred all of the stuff that I have inherited on the mission like documents that I have made, music, videos and other things that I have used, to it.  Luckily, the day before, I had backed up everything regarding music and I wasn't dumb enough to put all of my pictures on there so I fortunately still have all of those.  :)  They took Elder Shoup's GPS and a couple of cords and some money that we had been saving up in the change bin in the car. Nothing too valuable, but we sure learned to never leave ANYTHING in the car ever again!  Fortunately, the flash drive was the only thing of mine that was stolen. :)  I feel bad it was stolen because it was a gift and it had sentimental value, but it's okay. :)  

   We have also had a lot of meetings and other things that have taken us away from our area. As far as meetings, we have had zone meeting, district meeting and stuff like that.  Plus we give a lot of rides to the other missionaries. Especially since one of their bikes broke. But that should be fixed soon. :)  

   Elder Shoup and I were able to make one of the most high tech maps I have ever had on my mission and now our area is super organized so that we can do work more effectively. So I am super pumped for that.
The map was a joint effort of course, but I have made a lot maps on my mission so it was cool to customize it and all that. I will be sure to take a picture this week and send it. 

    As far as mail is concerned, it is really hit and miss if we get mail every week or not.  We did not get mail last week and I am not sure if we will get it this week either but I am hoping we will. 

    I am glad to hear that your New Years Eve was so nice though! Pops has really changed a lot over the years and he really is a good man.  I freaking love that guy. My new years was kind of lame but it was still good. I did a lot of reflection and pondering about everything though and I actually felt pretty good about it.  We had planned to drink some apple cider that a member gave us and party it up at 10 right before we had to go to bed but somehow some other elders stole it and played a prank on us.  (Don't worry, we got them back.)  But other than that, it was good. We just chilled and hung out in the apartment and I set some pretty good goals for the new year and I am looking forward to it. 

    As for when I come home, I have given it some thought and I actually should be getting some papers and forms and stuff about college and dating and fun stuff like that soon.  I will be sure to be on top of all that because I have seen it become problems with other missionaries and don't want that. It will take time out of my email time though so I will end up just emailing the family personal emails and then just sending out a generic to everyone else. I will think about it more though and let you know next week.  

    As for us coming back as a family after my mission is over, I think that sounds like a great idea! I think that would be super cool. 

   Thanks for the fast!!!! We really need it and I am sure that it will pay off.  Unfortunately  we were not able to see Josefina last week but this week should be better.  We were able to see Rafael and he has a baptismal date in February!  He just needs to see that he needs to come to church in order for that to happen.  So hopefully we can help him see that this week.  Other than that, not to much to report.  We have just been cracking down on the less active work and trying to organize the area so we can be more effective and it has really payed off.  We have been doing a lot more service lately and of course it pays off.  We are going to help feed the homeless again this week so that should be fun. 

   (In the last pictures we have received Taylor has looked very tired, so we asked if he felt okay.)   I'm totally fine.  I just haven't been sleeping very well lately. My mp3 player bit the dust too and no I have so music so it takes me a little longer to fall asleep now. But I think I'm getting the hang of it :)
   
    I know life is hard sometimes :)  AKA - the break in.  But you know me... I am more disappointed than anything. Not really sad. I know it will all work out though. :) 

    As always I want you to know that I love you and that you have changed my life for the better.  I am thankful for all that you have done for me.  Especially while I have been on my mission.  I don't deserve most of what you guys do for me.  

   Well, I love you and hope you enjoy your week :) I gotta go now but I love you!  XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
  
   Love, 
   Elder Taylor C. Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment