Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WEEK 79

   So I am doing pretty well actually, it has been super nuts this week but it has been fun.  Things with Elder Johansen are going alright.  He was just really disappointed with how everything changed so much this transfer.   Holy Cow are you right about January flying by!   Just yesterday I was with Elder Strong!  Now Shoup is gone and I am with Elder Johansen.  Where has the time gone!?!?!?!?

   But all in the same, things are going well here in the Valley.  It's just been super full of changes and everything.  

    So before last Wednesday, we were told that we were merging our areas and that we were going to work both and have a car and live alone and it was going to be awesome.  But what they didn't tell us is that there were going to be sisters coming into the ward, they'd have to have our car and they would take my (Elder Davis') area.  Plus it was disappointing to find out that I had to come up with another bike.  Luckily we had 2 junker bikes in the apartment that we took into the shop so that they can take parts from one and use them to construct a bike that works for me.  Now we just hope that the process will not be costly.  :)  We have just been hoofing it in a biking area for the last week. It has been different and a little hard but despite off the problems, we still got a lot of work done this week.  :)

   We do still have 2 other Elders living with us. They moved in on Wednesday. Their names are Elder Weber and Elder Betts. They are both from Utah, Elder Weber has been out for about 20 months and Elder Betts has been out for about 6 months.  Oh and they are both English missionaries so that is fun. 

   So with all of the changes in the areas and everything, Josefina and Rafael are no longer in my area.  :( But they are in the sisters area and the sisters are good missionaries and I know they'll take care of them.  One of the Sisters was actually in my last district. Her name is Sister Huefner and her companion is  a new missionary so they'll work miracles in that area for sure.

   We are teaching a new family of two.  They are Ruben and Rosalee.  They are super cool and have been to church 3 times already and love it.  They are super busy and it is hard to find them home, but I know it will work out.  There is also a recent convert in the ward who wants us to teach her mom so that's super cool too.  :)

   I am glad to hear that the Randall's and the Higbee's are doing well.  I love them both so much!  :)
   
   As for my best part of the week, it would have to have been either when I found out I didn't have to go to transfer meeting (because I knew Elder Johansen was my companion) or when 2 of Elder Johansen's (and now our) investigators came to church on Sunday.  :)  It really made him happy and that was super cool. 

    I did get my SD card to start working this morning so I will send a picture or two. :)  I also got the packet to start for school stuff and I have started on everything. I will need you to send my U of U stuff that was in my little night stand before I left (If it is still somewhere in the house...)  But I have started working on the FAFSA and I need to figure out if I'm going to be a dependent student or not.  If  I am, you'll have to input some of your info for the FAFSA as well. It looks like it shouldn't be super hard to get things going and I should have time every week to make progress. Hopefully I can get it all done quickly so  I don't miss out on school.

   I don't know yet when I want to come back to have you guys tour the mission.  I'll think about it more though.

   I did get my package and I have to say it was right on time.  :)  The sweaters will work great for a couple weeks and then it will start to get hot again.  So thank you so much!!!!!!!

  My favorite places to go in El Centro aren't really too many or too cool. There's not much out here. But Sizzler and the bike shop are pretty cool.

   Dad, you make all the other missionaries jealous with how beautifully you give updates on the sports front.  That is something that I have really enjoyed and it helps a lot to keep our relationship real.  

   I love you and hope everything is going great! Love ya!

   Love,  
   Elder Taylor C. Davis



No comments:

Post a Comment