Tuesday, October 7, 2014

WEEK 63

 
 
 


    

       
    So it was a super good week!!  As you can probably guess, I enjoyed the heck out of conference!  It was really good!  It was so cool to be able to go to each session at the stake center and be able to participate as a missionary.  I think my favorite talk was the talk that President Uchtdorf gave in the Priesthood session.  I think it was titled, "Lord, is it I?"  I really enjoyed it and it taught me a lot.  One thing that I learned from conference was that I can do a better job at making sure that I am doing what is necessary to make sure that I would be able to KNOW that I didn't betray/offend Christ.  I also learned that I could be doing more in my life to make sure I am on track so that the blessings in my patriarchal blessing will come to pass as well.  There are a lot of things that are coming up quick. 
 
    Something else I really liked was how much everyone praised the Prophet. It taught me that I could do a better job at making sure that I am grateful for him and ALL that he does.  I also learned that I don't give you and Pops enough thanks or credit for all that you have and still do for me.  If it weren't for you I would not be where and not be who I am today.
 
     So yeah that was conference.  No investigators came so that hurt, because we got a few of them to commit to come.  But it's alright.  They are moving along pretty well.  Josh is meeting with us tonight so hopefully we can get him with a baptismal date again.  We are seeing Francisco on Thursday and we have high hopes for that one as well. We saw Pam on Friday and are going to see her again on Thursday as well.  We think that everyone is starting to progress and we could see some baptisms next month and maybe even this month.  We haven't seen Andres though but we have an appointment with him tomorrow. :)

     Performing those baptisms was really cool, I have to admit.  I was super nervous since it had been so long since I had baptized someone and the last person that I baptized was a little 9 year old girl who weighed nothing.  But the baptisms went perfect and I felt abnormally confident while I was in the font. Guess praying your brains out still helps me a lot.
  
    I actually did get to see Meet the Mormons last week, for zone conference. It was actually really good.  It was pretty much just a Mormon message on steroids. I highly recommend it though.
 
    I am glad that you asked if there is something you can do for me because I actually was going to ask for a bit of help.... I was wondering if you could some postage so I can mail a box to you with some stuff?  Could that be possible?  Also I wanted you to know that my Razor bit the dust yesterday.
The little guard that covers the actual blades busted and it started cutting me and then yesterday it just gave up.  I am surprised, because I have always made sure to take good care of it and everything.  I don't want you to have to buy another one though.  I can just use disposables for a bit.  My companion gave me a few that should last quite a while so I think I'll be good.  No need for you to spend more money. :)
 
    That's pretty much it to report. Except our miracle on Tuesday night!!! We were waiting that night for Josh to show up at the church and a member grabbed us and asked us if we spoke Spanish. We of course said yes and then she introduced us to one of her non-member friends that she had invited to the church for an activity and we taught her and added her right there!! We have another appointment with her tomorrow! So Sick!
 
     We went to the temple today and it was super good!!!!
 
     Mom, know that I love you more than anything.  I actually had a dream the other night that you and I were hanging out at the house and it really touched me.  It's comforting to know that even though you're so far away and have been and will be for so long, that Heavenly Father can still let me see your face and enjoy a little time with you and not have it hinder the work.  I really have been blessed in that regard on my mission.  Sometimes I think I should feel bad that I've never been homesick but at the same time I know that it's because I try my best to stay focused.  May the Lord comfort you and help you feel peace like I do.  :)  I love you sweet Momma!
 
     I can honestly say that I really am enjoying the heck out of my mission and I have loved every second of it.  It has been the funnest thing I have ever done in my life!
 
     Love your guts and hope this week goes well for you!
 
     Love you!
 
     Love,
     Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment