Tuesday, October 14, 2014

WEEK 64

    Things have been pretty nuts this week!! Our ward was split into two units and I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But even then it has been super spiritual. In fact, Elder Strong and I just got out of a meeting with the mission president on how the new areas are going to be and who will be in the ward, branch and so on.  The split basically cut our area in half but we will inherit parts of a different area. So it will be fun to teach Elder Strong the area again.  It has been crazy busy, but crazy good. 

    I sure do love Elder Strong. He is a really good missionary and his desire to work no matter what just blows my mind. I have no doubt that he is going to make an even more excellent missionary and do great things in this area in the future. I know that a lot of the miracles that we are experiencing are just because of the fact that he is here. I love that kid.

     This week wasn't the best week ever but it turned out pretty good actually.  We were able to meet with Josh and Francisco but that was about it on the investigator front.  Francisco is really loving us and I am super worried for him because he will live outside of our Spanish unit and our area. I really hope he will accept the fact that we won't be able to come see him anymore.  Pam has been struggling with homework so we weren't able to see her but we did have a really good talk with her mom. :) Josh might be able to get a baptismal date tonight. 
 
     On the positive side, we actually have had a lot of success with less actives this week and they are coming back! We have a super good appointment set with two of them tomorrow. Andres is doing alright. His family is still finishing up getting things running again so we haven't taught him but we did see him yesterday and he is very excited for us to come over tomorrow. :)
 
    The apartment is going well. We live with two other English missionaries and it is a lot of fun. You'd be surprised at how well we keep it clean with that taken into account.  We are super close and have not heard anything from President though.
 
     I wanted you to know that I did get my razor but I haven't opened it yet. Thank you so MUCH!!! I will be sure to take care of it so it will last.  I did not however receive the other package/mail. Sister Soffe said it should come in later today so hopefully I can get it before next week.
 
    Not gonna lie, it sounds really weird to hear you say your are pregnant!  But I am glad that you are so excited.  :) I think you'll be even more excited when I tell you that you are actually " Missionary Pregnant" today! :)  I come home on the 14th, not the 15th! :) 
 
    My favorite part of my week besides talking to you would have to be sacrament meeting on Sunday. All the newly called men got up and bore their testimonies and it just blew my mind and the room was filled with the spirit. I know those men are called of God.
 
    As always, I sure do love you and thank you for all that you do for me. Especially how you inspire me every week. I love you and appreciate you.
 
    Love,
    Your Son
    Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment