Monday, September 15, 2014

WEEK 60

   
Our "Book of Mormon" wall.

So it has been a pretty good week!  We were able to see a ton of people and we had 3 investigators at church!!!!  It was super sick!  Andres is progressing like mad and he is pretty much ready for his baptismal date on the 26th!  We saw him Thursday and yesterday and he is so happy to be able to be baptized so soon.  He is reading, praying and we have seen mountains of faith in him.  Pam is kind of progressing too.  We haven't taught her this past week though.  She has been super busy with school and all that.  But we hope to see her tonight, as well as Josh.  She really has impressed me with all that she's doing.  She seems happier every time we come, she reads and prays.  She just needs to take that step and come to church.  I know she'll get there soon though.

   The district is doing well. Everyone seems to be happier now and it should be interesting to see if that changes or not.  I have just been trying to serve them as much as possible and I don't know if it's working, but I know it will eventually.  My focus this week was to get everyone pumped for this month because we have 5 baptisms planned for the same day as a district this month! So hopefully it all goes well and everyone is as pumped as I am! 

   Not too good to hear that you have been sick again.  I hope you feel better soon!  Sounds like you had quite the week though! Stake conference must have been amazing! Ours is coming up soon I believe.  I hope it is as good as yours sounds.  It is amazing how great stake conferences like that really are.  I remember my first stake conference as a missionary was a lot like that and it was super sick.  I bet it must have been cool to so many people that you know progressing in the Gospel and really becoming powerhouses of the spirit.  I know I have seen that here.

   Our mission should be getting tablets towards the end of the year so that will be interesting. 

   For my meds, I am pretty low. I think I might be able to make it to Tuesday if I take half doses. Sorry about stinking with informing you.  I thought two weeks ago I said I needed some in two weeks but I guess I said, " I might need some in a couple weeks." Sorry about that.  I will be alright though.  :)  Maybe you could go ahead and send them and I will have Sister Soffe call us when they arrive so I could pick them up. :)

   SO I have made up my mind...the messenger bag is a keeper!  I am loving it!  It is making my shoulders and neck a little sore but that will change when my body gets used to it.  I just hope it doesn't interfere with my back.  I have high hopes though. :)

   My clothes are actually doing pretty good.  My shoes are just fine.  I am pretty sure that they will hold up until the end of my mission.  My shirts are doing alright as well.  I have no complaints in that area. :)  I am doing fine with clothes and don't need anything thankfully. :)

   So transfers are tomorrow.... We just received the transfer calls and Elder Sherman is being transferred. :(  AND...... I am staying another 6 weeks. AND..... I will be training a new missionary!! I am super pumped, but at the same time I am super scared.  I have been praying for quite a while that my next companion will help me be better at street contacting and this might be my answer.  I just hope I am good enough to train whoever this new missionary is and that I can help him.  So if you want to pray for me in that regard I would greatly appreciate it. :) 

   Well I sure do love and respect you with all my heart!!!! :)  I am pumped out my mind and eternally grateful for EVERYTHING that you do so that I can be here.

   With Love and Admiration,
    Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment