Tuesday, December 24, 2013

WEEK 22: Merry CHRISTmas Eve!

Dear Mother,
   
   I cannot believe that it is CHRISTmas Eve already either!! I also want to know that it is AWESOME that you have been doing what you have been doing this Holiday season. I don't have to be there to know that you blessed the lives of many this year!
 
   Things in San Diego are great.   I enjoy the nice sunny weather but it is perty hard to feel like it is Christmas out here.  But the gifts that I have received, the spirit I have felt, the people I have seen and the Love I have, has really made the difference this year.  I too have been focusing on the Savior this year and it has had a HUGE impact on me.   Thanks again for the 12 Ways of Christmas.  
 
    As far as today and tomorrow are concerned, we have an appointment with a member tonight and 2 dinner appointments tomorrow for Christmas. It is going to be so much fun!
 
    Glad to hear that everything got worked out with Christmas and I hope that you all enjoy yourselves.
 
     It makes me happy to hear that Pops is being such a big help.  I have really seen a change in him and I hope to be like him someday.  His spiritual strength and drive amazes me.
 
    The mission party was great! We had a devotional, gift exchange, and we socialized a while. I got to talk to Elder Karlinsey and he is doing well. He has lost like 15 pounds and it was fun to talk and chat it up.  It was just held at a stake center here in Cali.
 
     My back is actually doing awesome! I have not had any problems with it really and we have been working all day, every day so that has been great.
 
I received packages from Auntie Kristin, the Floyd's, Paula and the Young Women of our ward.  I have not opened the one from Paula yet because it said, "No Peeking!"  But the package from the young women was some cards and A LOT of candy.  I hope I have enough time to write everyone thank you notes today.
 
    Mom, thanks for being such a boss and a great member missionary.  You inspire me with all that you do. You never think of yourself without others' needs above your own.
 
    I will be calling tomorrow morning.  Depending on who calls home first, between my companion and I.   I can't wait to talk to you all and I love you all so much and wish you the best Christmas Eve Ever!
 
    MERRY CHRISTMAS Mom!!!
   
    Love,
    Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment