Tuesday, December 3, 2013

WEEK 19

Thanksgiving was great!  It was fun eating with someone that I kind of knew.  The food was super delicious!  I loved the turkey and the ham but I missed the Jennifer potatoes!  Oh well, it was still great!

I did receive my Thanksgiving package and I am very grateful for it!  The pie did make it in tact and it was super delicious!!! As far as what you send, I am completely happy with everything and have no complaints!

My companion's name is Elder Sherman. He is in tune with the spirit and that's what matters.  We get along pretty well actually.  He's a nice kid.  He's been out for only two months more than me, so we are both pretty young.  But I really think that we can help this area explode.  The Lord is really helping me out a lot with comprehension and what not because I have been in this area longer.  Elder Sherman is from Utah.  West Jordan.  I don't really remember what he said about his family so I don't really know what they are like.

As far as my health is concerned, I am doing great! My back hasn't really been giving me problems and we had the best week that I've had on my mission last week! We taught half as many lesson as all of the other weeks put together!

Yes, I did get a shoulder bag.  I found it in the apartment and I switched to it because I wanted to try it out to see if it would help my back.  We do not us tablets.  But we have heard that we will eventually here.

Our investigators are doing well.  I think it would be great id you could pray that ***** will act on the message and that **** (our new investigator this week) will be able to stop drinking.  We actually got to see **** on Tuesday and it went pretty good.  She talked to me personally a lot and I think she really trusts me.  But...we had two appointments with her this week and she buffed both of them.  :(  We tried to contact like mad men, but we had no luck.  I hope we can see her again.  We have not seen **** or **** in a week.  :(  They keep buffing us too.

But...we had a super sick miracle this week!  We added a new investigator!!  His name is ****.  Bet you can't guess where he lives?  At ****'s house!!! And we saw **** too!!!  **** gave me a super big hug and said he would call us this week!  Nothing is happening with **** and ****** but we have an appointment with her on Thursday so we hope for something to happen.

No idea as to what's happening for Christmas.

The picture of the burrito is actually quite funny.  The story behind it is that since I almost went home, one of the members that we work with, Kevin, got us a giant 2 foot long burrito and a huge thing of Carne-Asada Fries and it was delicious!!  Oh man it was so filling and good.

I love you so much!

Love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment