Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WEEK 21

Momma,

     I am doing great.  This week has been good because once again, I was able to work for the whole week and my back feels great.  We were actually able to meet with members this week and we have had some pretty cool lessons.  The other night we had a lesson with a member family about Lehi's dream and we were able to relate it to a Christmas tree nonetheless! I had never thought of that before, but it was super cool and the members loved it.

     Do not worry about the package. I am sure that everything will turn out alright.  :)  But yes, I did get the first 6 days of the other package and I am really enjoying them!! Thank you so much for putting so much thought into things like that.  I really appreciate the little "Ways of Christ" and ornaments.  I also did receive the tree from the Floyd's and I am going to send them a letter of thanks today.  I am very glad that I was able to make your day and I can't thank you enough for the packages!! They mean so much to me and they have really helped me feel like it is actually Christmas!

     As far as me sending letters, I did send one to you after thanksgiving but I guess it never made it there. But don't worry, I am sending you all Christmas presents today that I hope you will all enjoy.

     I will most likely just call from home right after studies on Christmas day.  We don't have any plans for Christmas yet but we are planning to meet with members and what not.  But, we are going to go Christmas caroling this week as a zone and as a district.     

     Yes, the Zone Conference Sis. "H." was at, was for my zone.  It was amazing.  Basically what zone conference is, is the zone gets together and President Clayton, Sister Clayton, The AP's, and a bunch of other leaders teach us. It is basically just a training meeting and we talk about how to better ourselves and the work.     

     I can't believe I have been out so long but I am glad that it isn't going by faster than it is.  I still have so much time and I still have so much to do. But saying that, I am sure that after I blink I will be home again.      

     Glad to hear that you had fun at the party and that Colton and Shannon went with you as well. That's awesome! Happy to hear that they are doing well.

    Thank you for what you shared about you going visiting teaching and your experience.  That is really cool and I really love it when others share what they learned about the Gospel with me.

    We actually are going to have a Branch Party at the end of the month. It's going to be a talent show and there is going to be a lot of food and what not. I just can't think of a talent that I could share.  Ha ha.

    Momma, I love you so much. Thanks so much for taking all the time you do to make my P-days better. I hope that the family enjoys what I am sending to them because I thought it would be fun and I wanted to send something from the heart. I love and appreciate you lots!   

   MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

   Love,
   Elder Davis
 
 
 
Dad,
   
      I thought I had sent a letter a week ago so I am wondering what happened to it. Oh well, I am sending another one this week that I hope you will all like :)  I hope things with work slow down for you soon because that seems pretty tiring. But glad that you are pushing through it :)

     About investigators... We are actually having a hard time with that.  We weren't able to see ANY of them last week.  This week has been better though.  We saw J**** for like 5 minutes but that was about it.  Last week we did have a VERY cool lesson with her about Joseph Smith though. It was funny because we were just talking about the Book of Mormon like we had planned but I received a prompting to ask if we could watch the Restoration video (that we had given her months ago to watch and she never even opened) with her. It was SO powerful.  She actually started crying and we FINALLY got her to pray in front of us.  I feel like she can be baptized next month!   Things with J*** have not really improved. We do have an appointment with him on Thursday and we had a super cool practice that we are going to use on him.  We didn't see E*** though.  :(  L*** hasn't made much progress either. But we finally saw her again!!!! Last night was the first time we had seen her in 4 weeks!! The spirit was there as well.  AND...... We saw J***** and have an appointment with him tomorrow!!! I hope that things will go well.  I just hope that we can find more people to teach as well.

    Thanks so much for wanting to know what's going on. It really means a lot to me.  And yes, I have a lot of chances to use personal experience with my investigators. It is so powerful and I love it.

    As far as Christmas is concerned, I don't really know how I feel.  Before the package of the Days and Ways of Christmas, it was really hard for me to feel like it was Christmas.  But thanks to my sweet mother and all she does for me, I am able to feel more like it. :)  I sure do love that woman.  I am so lucky to have been taught daily by yours and her example.  You both are such Bosses!
 
    The Shermanator and I have no plans for Christmas yet.  But we hope to set things up this week.

    I gotta say, I'm lovin' the sports updates this week! The Jazz, 9ers, Utes and Alex are all making me very proud.
 
    Well Pops, I just want to say that I love you so much.  Thank you for being concerned about my investigators and all. It really means the world to me and makes it easier to be focused on the work.  Plus, thanks for the Christmas pic!!

     Love ya Dad!!
 
     Love,
     Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment