Tuesday, November 25, 2014

WEEK 70




 
 The zone.
   It is pretty crazy to hear how nuts your week was! Dang! How on edge it must of been. How crazy it must have been to be so close to moving.  I actually have to smile at the results because I knew it would turn out that way. :)  I said a prayer on Tuesday night because I wanted to be a part of the spiritual process of the moving and knowing if we should move or not.  As I thought about it that day, I had the same feeling come over me and I heard my own words from a while back when I was talking about my family moving to Elder Sherman... I said, "they're not going anywhere anytime soon." These words gave me comfort and I was able to not think about it anymore and I have felt good about it ever since.  I would have told you but I got that feeling after we had emailed last week.

   Pops - Sounds like such a spiritual/painful week! I am sorry to hear that you threw your back out again. I think it is really cool that you are able to be so diligent in making sure that you do your exercises as well so you can heal faster. You really do amaze me in that regard. Especially that you still went to sacrament meeting. That alone shows that you know what the sacrament really means. I have really learned a lot in that regard the past few months.  I have learned that when we take the sacrament, it is almost as if we were literally going up to the savior and feeling the prints in his hands and his feet. As we partake of those emblems, we are like the Nephites... how cool is that!?

   So yeah your week was pretty cool. Ours wasn't bad either.
  
1.  I have not done anything yet for this act that you speak of. All I need to do is enter my social security number into my missionary portal though so it should be easy.

2.  I actually don't have MY Christmas tree but there is a small one in the apartment that we will probably use. I feel super bad though that I wasn't able to take mine with me. The Floyd's put so much thought into that and I feel bad I had to leave it.  I actually just remembered that I probably won't be here for Christmas anyway (in the apartment he is in now).
 
3.  Our week was pretty good. Andres didn't come to church so that was a little frustrating. But 2 less active members that we have been working super hard with, came to church.  So that was pretty cool.
 
4.  The best part of my week was probably when I went on exchanges with one of the missionaries in our district. It is so cool to be able to do that and to be able to get to know them better. We are pretty good friends now.
 
5.  I have a couple pictures from pday.  So you will get those. :)
 
6.  For Thanksgiving we have been invited to eat at two family's homes so will probably be doing that. Plus since it's Thursday, we will be weekly planning as well.  I will be sure to take pictures on Thanksgiving and during this week. You should also be getting something from San Diego this week so hopefully it arrives before Thanksgiving.  But it might not.  Don't get too excited about the mail though.  It's what I could do.
 
7.  Right now, the things that I am thankful for are many. More than anything I am thankful for the Savior and all that he did so that I can be clean and worthy to be on a mission and help others repent as his representative.  I am of course eternally grateful for the family that I have been blessed with in my life.  I'm grateful to have the opportunity to be on a mission and to learn so much. I'm thankful for the scriptures and the light they give us all. 
 
8.  Yes, I did get the meds and cookies. One word................... DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for that. MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
   Well I love you!!! Thank you for everything you have done and for everything you continue to do for me! You are the best!  :)  I am very grateful for all that you teach me and do for me. I thank you for parenting me the way you have because I know it has molded me into who I am. I always have and always will have a very high respect for you. You have no idea of all that you have taught me.  If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be here. More importantly, I don't think I would have learned the real power of the atonement like I have so far.
 
   Love,
   Elder Taylor C. Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment