Friday, November 21, 2014

THANKSGIVING PACKAGE

We had lots of fun putting together Elder Davis' Thanksgiving package this year.  Last year he wasn't sure he would have a dinner appointment, so we sent him dinner in a box.  Last year we took a chance and shipped him a pumpkin pie (his favorite) and it arrived safely, so we knew we wanted to do it again this year.  I can not tell you how happy I felt as I purchased that stupid pie!
 This was so fun to make!  All of the items pictured above (other than the pie) were inside this turkey!

Holidays are a big deal around our house and holiday meals usually include an elegantly set table.  Taylor expressed that he missed that so last Valentine's day I sent him a tablecloth and cute paper goods to set his valentines table.  It seemed to mean a lot to him, so I have tried to send tableware for holidays.  I found this fun tablecloth at Wal-Mart and had to laugh as I thought of he and his companion coloring on it!  Totally included a new package of crayons in this package.
 Any of course you have to "cute" up the inside of the shipping box!  I didn't get to make it as cute as I wanted, because I was in a hurry, but hopefully he will still enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment