Tuesday, November 18, 2014

WEEK 69


 
   Wow what a week!! It has been crazy, fun, insane, powerful and just completely sick!! Andres our investigator was baptized on Friday and that was probably one of the best experiences of my mission so far! You are right that it is kind of like when Luis got baptized but it is very different at the same time. 

    To see someone from finding them yourself, teaching them, and them repenting and making all the changes necessary to be able to come unto Christ and be baptized in his restored church is better than anything yet that I have experienced in my life.  Andres is such a beast and his baptism was super sick!

    There were so many people there that we had to bring in like 3 loads of chairs from other rooms! I had the privilege of baptizing that young powerhouse of a little spirit and it was so sick!!! It took me back to my baptism and made me feel super happy knowing that I am helping other people be able to do this.

   It gave a strong confirmation that I am doing what's right and that this is where I need to be.   I still can't believe how much of a beast Andres is. He was confirmed on Sunday and that was yet another cool experience.  President Martinez ( the branch President) confirmed him and it was so cool. I felt the spirit so strong that it brought tears to my eyes. His family filled the entire first 3 rows of the church and it was amazing to see that happen. 

   Josh is still looking good for his baptism and it sounds like he is really gonna make it this time.  Pam is doing well too. Francisco however is kind of faltering a little.  He hasn't been reading, or praying, or coming to church. It makes me really sad but maybe it's not his time yet.  We did invite Yadira to the baptism but she has been super busy lately and she might be moving so we're hoping she just moves to another part of Chula. We'll see.  

   Sounds like things are going pretty well over there! It's sad to hear that everything with the house is still kinda lame but I know that it will all resolve itself.  We just have to use the 5th step of the Gospel and endure to the end.  It's the most difficult and takes the longest but it's the most rewarding. I know things will work out. :)
 
   There has been a scripture in my mind all morning and I thought it was to share with someone else but I feel very strongly impressed to share it with you as well. So here goes. It is: Alma 22:16 this is when Aaron is teaching King Lamoni's father.
     " 16 But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hopewhich thou desirest.  "
 
    I know things probably suck right now and that it's hard. But I know that you are being prepared by the Lord for something big. The worst thing you can do is give up. 
 
    I really love you and am grateful that you are such a solid member of the church and that you are converted.  Thank you for always being an example of faith and of love. I would be a sack of nothing without your example. I love you dearly and hope you enjoy this email.  
 
   This week we are going to go to a place called Sunset Cliffs up in Ocean Beach. It should be a lot of fun.   Our next transfers are in about 3 weeks.  So they are coming fast!
 
   Love you!
 
   Love,
   Elder Taylor C. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment