Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WEEK 29

Mother,
 
    It makes me feel so good that I do not have to worry about any drama with girls at all. It has made it easy to focus on the Lord and his work.  I have learned so much about my life and I have grown immensely here on my mission.  
 
   OK, so for the questions:
 
1.  Transfers are next week so I don't know if I will be getting transferred or not yet.  I would guess and say yes, but who knows.  Maybe it's not my time to leave yet.
 
2.  This week has been great. We have had a lot of success even with not being able to work with the English side at all.  Plus, we have had some great lessons.
 
3.  The Lord blessed us in our lives this week through helping a less active member that we have been trying to get to church for a REALLY long time to finally come to church!! Say WHAT!??? Yeah, and guess what!!!!!? He brought a non-member friend!!!!! Yeah Sunday was pretty sick. We have an appointment with him and his friend set up for Thursday! I talked to his friend a lot at church and asked him about what he heard about the church. He said that he heard a little bit from his friend, but he needs more. Heck to the YES!  I am so pumped for this week because it is going to be sick!
 
4.  I have not received my mail yet today.  But I will get it in about an hour so hopefully it has arrived. I will be sending a package home this week as well (hopefully) so look for it!
 
5.   My next interview with president is probably in a month or two. I am not exactly sure.
 
6.  My health is doing fantastic!! I feel like I am as healthy as ever! But, I did pretty much figure out that I am now lactose intolerant. So I am trying to cut dairy completely out of my diet. We will see how that goes. 
 
7.  I have no idea when Sister R**** goes home. I would imagine in the next 2-3 months or so. I love that sweet old lady!
 
8.  We do not eat with members very often but we have seen an improvement since our new mission leader.  We usually make burgers, pasta, ramen, or things like that. We have made breakfast for dinner a few times.  I also have made panini's and tater-tot casserole a couple times.
 
9.  I will take a picture of all my ties but it probably won't arrive until next week because I will have to print it out and such.  As for colors, I would like some light but conservative colors. I really like the blue one that you sent me for Christmas.
 
10.  I feel like my mission has been the best thing for me already.  I know without a doubt that this what I need to be doing right now.  I have learned and grown SO much while on my mission. I have changed a lot as well.  I am grateful more though for all the people I have been able to meet and for the spirit I have felt. 
 
11.  My greatest accomplishment would probably have to be learning how to follow the spirit and all the service that I have been able to give. But I guess more than that is my relationship with our Savior. I am grateful for the things he has taught me and how close I have grown to him.  My greatest obstacle was probably learning how much pride I really have.  I learned  and am still learning how to submit to the Lord, even when all I want to do is work.  I have learned that I need to take care of myself first. 
 
Mother, Thank you for your email and I want you to know of my deep love for you. You are my everything and I am SO grateful to be your son.
 
I hope that you feel better and that this week is full of  fun and the spirit.
 
Love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment