Tuesday, February 4, 2014

WEEK 28

Hey Mom!! :)
 
    So this week has been a whole lot of everything, to say the least. Fun, cool, full of meetings, and super stressful.  We were actually able to meet with a lot of people this week.  Now you asked if we met with our investigators, not so lucky on that one. But the people we did see and lessons we had were amazing.  L*** dropped us the other day and we have not seen J***because she has been sick with the flu and won't let us come over. (Not complaining much on that one). But we have an appointment with her tomorrow so we will see what happens. :) 
 
   As for I*****, we had a pretty sweet lesson with him last night.  We just talked about how the small and simple things bless our lives and the whole family (well almost) bore their testimonies to us! It was so sick! (And spiritual.)
 
   All of that aside, our week has been very stressful and it has caused me to have a week long headache. Yowch!  But the cool thing about that is,  I was debating whether I should get a blessing or not and I prayed about it for the whole week. Well, I finally gave in and had the zone leaders give me a blessing.  I feel a MILLION times better! My headache is gone and I feel totally different. 
 
   Long story short, we have been trying to work with a lot of the English members in the area to try to hasten the Spanish work. Little did we know that all the missionaries and leadership would be all poopy about it.  It has just been frustrating me a lot. 
 
   In our area we cover the whole Penasquitos stake but we live and go to church in Poway.  We work under the Poway stake president's keys, but work in the stake of the Penasquitos stake president.  Bottom line, the Penasquitos stake president is really hesitant with the Spanish work and for that we struggle. As of now, it has been declared that we are not allowed to work with ANY of the English members.  I know you always ask what you can do to help so I ask you personally or maybe even you and Pops (not anything big) to pray that something will happen to CHANGE our area. 
 
   Other than that, I am so happy! :) I am amazed by the man I have become and the man that I am becoming.  If I were to come home today (never gonna happen) I would seriously be content with who I have become.  Plus, I have so much more time and room to grow! 
 
   I was reading my journal entries from the beginning of my mission and holy cow am I a new man! I feel like I have changed so much for the better.  I KNOW that a mission is exactly what I need to be doing right now. And that is not only because it has helped me so much, but I know that it has helped others as well. I love this work with all my heart and I am SO glad that I still have about 17 months left to be a part of it. How great is my calling!
 
    Just have to say that it sounds like Attysen's baptism was great! How cool that Pops got to confirm her! What a special moment and blessing!
 
    Jonah looks so big. He better stop growing before Elder Davis gets home and has to put him back into the ground! Just kidding.
 
   Transfers are in about 2 weeks and I have no idea what is going to happen. I think it is still possible that I could be here for 6 more weeks at the least.  I don't know.  But I do know that whatever happens, will be the will of God and I will do whatever that entails. 
 
   The best part of my week would probably have to be the blessing that I received.  I feel like the real Elder Davis again and I feel like this week is going to be SUPER.  I have a firm testimony of the power of the priesthood.  I have seen so many miracles through that power of Heavenly Father on my mission and I am grateful that our Heavenly Father trusts me enough to give me the responsibility to hold that great privilege and use it to help others. That is where the Lord helped me the most this week. I received counsel in that blessing that I will never forget.
 
   Sweet Mother, I want you to know of my DEEP love for you.  I love you so much!! I am amazed at how much I have learned form you.  Thank you for bearing me your testimony. I hope you know that it brought tears to my cheeks (doesn't happen very often) and I can feel the love and power of it as you bear your testimony.  You are amazing!!!!!!! I love you and hope that feel better and have a super awesomely sick and fun week!!!
 
   Love,
   Elder Davis
 
   P.S. Would it be possible for you to send me one of those labels that you use to ship things so that I can ship a box home? Let me know if that is possible.

 Taylor and his district.

No comments:

Post a Comment